top of page
  • Writer's pictureSara

Andria Lucille Meise

Missing Since 2006

Featured in Episode 217

Andria Meise was born in Dawson Creek, British Columbia on May 16, 1978, and was the oldest of four siblings, which included sisters Danielle and Robin.

Those who knew Andria describe her as having been a free spirit, a person who had a lot of resilience and who wasn’t afraid of being adventurous. She also had another side to her, the girl who was shy, but always friendly. According to her sister Danielle, she was the type of person who would give you the shirt off her back if you were in need of it. Danielle also describes her big sister as her best friend, as a free spirit who was “like a bird.”

Andria’s childhood was one of instability. She was removed from her home numerous times by Social Services and placed into foster care, where she was abused. Danielle recalls her sister leaving the house often when she was around 14 years of age, and by the time she was 16, she had completely gone.

Around this time, Andria began to dabble in illegal drugs and soon became addicted, as did Danielle. This led her to lead what has been deemed a “high-risk” transient lifestyle, which would result in Andria working in the sex trade in order to support her addiction. When working the streets, Andria always took her safety into consideration and she would refuse those who gave her a bad feeling. She even enlisted Danielle to work as her “spotter” for three years. As a spotter, her job was to ensure license plates, dates and times, and drop off and pick up locations were documented, should anything happen to her sister. However, despite being cautious, there were times when Andria would return pretty roughed up and with bruises on her face.

Around the late 1990’s Andria relocated to Kelowna, and at this point was the mother of three children. She was still working in the sex trade but would also work as a server and a house cleaner to support her family. While she resided in Kelowna, Andria lived a high risk lifestyle, cycling in and out of substance abuse but she always maintained contact with her family and always made them aware whenever she was moving.

Danielle last saw her sister in 2006 then lost contact with Andria when she left Kelowna in 2006 to relocate to Fort St John, BC. This was the last time any of her family heard from her until one of her uncles thinks he saw her in a Tim Horton's Restaurant in Grande Prairie, Alberta in 2008. Unfortunately, her uncle was not aware that Andria was missing at that time and did not make contact or confirm it was her. Kelowna is where the last paper record of Andria is found, with her address listed in the 8500 block of 85th Avenue.

Danielle tried to report Andria as missing to the RCMP, but they wouldn’t make a file. She would try again numerous times over the years, but to no avail. It wasn’t until November 2012 that the RCMP detachment in Kelowna would officially list Andria as a missing person. According to missing persons posters, the date of her disappearance is listed as November 19, 2012, six years after Danielle last saw her sister.

Danielle strongly feels the RCMP didn’t initially take Andria’s disappearance seriously due to her drug use and work as a prostitute.

After the unconfirmed sighting of what may have been Andria at the Tim Horton's Restaurant in Grande Prairie, Alberta, the investigation revealed that Andria may have moved to Calgary, Alberta at some point during mid-2008. After speaking with additional witnesses and exploring other investigative avenues, the RCMP determined this sighting was actually Andria and did occur, so the investigation was transferred to the Grande Prairie detachment of the RCMP.

Andria’s transient lifestyle has played a big role in the investigation as she was known to be a frequent traveler, investigators have had to consider the possibility she could be in a number of places, including Vancouver, Fort St. John, Dawson Creek, Prince George, Calgary and Kelowna. Given such a long list of possible locations, it’s been difficult for investigators to determine where to focus their investigation.

According to the RCMP, the investigation is still active, with officers having followed up on numerous pieces of information over the years. They have pursued every avenue and will continue to do so until Andria is located. They have shared that they believe there is someone out there with information that could further the case and possibly bring about a resolution.

Danielle feels things could have turned out differently if the Kelowna RCMP had taken her earlier missing person reports seriously. Since Andria’s disappearance, one of her daughters has since graduated college and is said to be working in the culinary arts. As for the rest of the family, they say their feelings about Andria’s disappearance are still fresh, and they are unable to allow themselves to grieve because they don’t know what actually happened to Andria.

At the time of her disappearance, Andria was 5’11” and weighed about 140 pounds. She had shoulder-length dark brown hair, but is known to regularly dye her hair. She is Native American but has very light skin and is often mistaken for being caucasion. Her eyes are brown and she has a scar three inches below her bellybutton that extends downward, the result of a surgery she underwent after being thrown across a room at three years old.

She is known to sometimes use her father’s last name, Woodhouse, and has gone by the aliases “Andria Woodhouse”, “Andy” and “Angie” in the past.

Currently, her case is classified as a missing person. If alive, she would be 44 years old.

Those with information regarding the case are asked to contact Grande Prairie RCMP at 780-830-5700. Tips can also be submitted anonymous via Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

40 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page